• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Third Party Editing in Lightroom for web.

Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently work mainly in lightroom for editing my photography work but I am expecting to get slammed in the the next few weeks with projects. I am a Mac user and I just recently reviewd Lightroom's web version (Not LR Classic) which I have never paid attention to nor saw any value in. But I am wondering if my assistant has my password, can he or she edit my images for me from their home?

That would sure be helpful and any thoughts you folks might have would be extremely helpful as well. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being curious, I tried with both Lightroom and Lightroom-Web open together on my PC.

The Lr-Web was very slow and glitched badly with the image changed in Lr looking very pixilated in Lr-Web.

So it may be technically possible for you to 'open' your Cloud images on two computers, but it may not be practical- and I doubt you would be happy with the efficiency or results. I also can not predict what might happen when editing on two computers.

If you use Lr-CLASSIC, you might be better to use the function of 'Export as a Catalog' for the assistant with Lr-Classic to edit and return to you. 'Import from a Catalog' will get the edits back in your system.

MULTIPLE COMPUTERS- How to use (Lightroom Queen)

Screen-clip: My experiments-

ScreenShot015.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks WobertC. That is helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines