Highlighted

THIS IS INFURIATING!!!! Moving DNG photos from iPhone to iMac

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this crap I pay $$$$ a month?

So, I have a couple hundred DNG photos that I took with my iPhone using the Lightroom MOBILE camera (another thing Adobe.. how about calling the programs simply Lightroom Mobile and Lightroom Desktop?  The damned Classic, CC's etc are insanely confusing)

How the hell do I get those DNG photos from my iPhone to my iMAC in DNG format?  

I have been searching around these forums and the net in general and I can not seem to get the answer.   I have a subscription to the ENTIRE Adobe collection. (I'm a teacher, so the price is sort of reasonable.)

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by john_beardsworth | Adobe Community Professional

In Classic, enable "Sync" from the identity plate area at the top left. Usually it nags you to do so, so check that it isn't paused.

Also see Preferences, Lightroom Sync. On that tab you tell it where to download pictures. I suspect it has already downloaded some to the default folder, which isn't the CC folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

THIS IS INFURIATING!!!! Moving DNG photos from iPhone to iMac

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this crap I pay $$$$ a month?

So, I have a couple hundred DNG photos that I took with my iPhone using the Lightroom MOBILE camera (another thing Adobe.. how about calling the programs simply Lightroom Mobile and Lightroom Desktop?  The damned Classic, CC's etc are insanely confusing)

How the hell do I get those DNG photos from my iPhone to my iMAC in DNG format?  

I have been searching around these forums and the net in general and I can not seem to get the answer.   I have a subscription to the ENTIRE Adobe collection. (I'm a teacher, so the price is sort of reasonable.)

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by john_beardsworth | Adobe Community Professional

In Classic, enable "Sync" from the identity plate area at the top left. Usually it nags you to do so, so check that it isn't paused.

Also see Preferences, Lightroom Sync. On that tab you tell it where to download pictures. I suspect it has already downloaded some to the default folder, which isn't the CC folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. Do you think your tone encourages other users to help you?

So you have Lightroom Mobile. Normally the photos appear automatically and you don't have to do anything other than sign in to the same account as on the phone. What version of Lightroom are you using on your iMac?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, my tone is aimed at Adobe.  I would have thought that photos taken in Lightroom on my phone would be in my Creative Cloud folder on my iMac.

Second, having read dozens upon dozens of other threads about this, it would seem my tone is shared by quite a few other people. 

Third, to answer your question, my Lightroom Classic version is 8.3.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Chet-NYC LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! 

I had sync enabled... that was the first thing I checked.  Why it wasn't doing it I have no idea.   But it just moved almost 300 photos into Lightroom Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines