Highlighted

Thoughts?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it worth updating to the new Lightroom? I purchased Lightroom when I came out years ago (Lightroom 4) Now obviously they do monthly subsciptions with the latest software. Thoughts?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Thoughts?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it worth updating to the new Lightroom? I purchased Lightroom when I came out years ago (Lightroom 4) Now obviously they do monthly subsciptions with the latest software. Thoughts?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For you there are two "new" versions of Lightroom!

1) The version that is Lightroom-Classic v9.2 which is the latest update for your Lr-4. Continue using your Catalog as before (with many added features).

2) The version that is Lightroom v3.2 - entirely new and different.

Both are only by subscription. Read some links to determine which way you want to go-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/shop/adobe-photography-plans/

Buy Lightroom Classic 20Gb or 1tB & COMPARE

IMO The best deal is the Photography Plan with 20Gb storage. You get BOTH versions of Lightroom! (although with limited Cloud storage- not needed if you stick with Lr-CLassic)

Price in screen-clip is my Australian price!

ScreenShot228.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2020 0
JimHess LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic has come a long way since Lightroom 4. Have you been using Lightroom 4? Is it an integral part of your workflow? Do you have a camera that produces raw files that are not supported by that version? Is photography important to you? Or are you just a casual user? If you are the least bit serious about wanting to get the most from your images then I would say that it is most definitely worth subscribing to the photography plan. But if you only use photography software occasionally and on an extremely limited basis then you would be the one who will have to decide if subscription is something you want to do. Lightroom Classic is definitely much better than Lightroom 4 was. Many new features, and the processing engine is much improved. But again, only you can decide what the true value to you will be.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2020 0