• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.TIF file is gone from recently opened in Photoshop and has not appeared in Lightroom.

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the "Edit in Photoshop" function in Lightroom CC,

I completed my edit in Photoshop and 'cmd-s' as well as going into the file tab and making sure it was saved.

Once I went back to Lightroom, my photo was not there. I tried closing the app, but a warning message saying "Photoshop Edit in progress" popped up on my screen.

I clicked cancel, so I could close Photoshop first, but Lightroom closed anyway.

After reopening Lightroom, I went and closed my Photoshop tab as the file was saved.

However the file has not shown up in Lightroom, nor in my Photoshop recently opened files, nor anywhere on my computer.

The .tif edit file is completely missing.

After trying with a different image, clicking cancel on the warning pop-up closes Lightroom.

Running macOS Mojave 10.14.11

Latest versions of Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2019

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its usually necessary to complete the save and close in Photoshop.

Cmd+S

Cmd+W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've got the image in Ps and you've completed your editing simply closing the document will save  it back into Lightroom. Back in Lightroom you should see the image with a stacked icon in the upper right corner of the thumbnail. One will be the .tif and the other will be the original. If you right-click on and Unstack the image you'll see the .tif  beside the original. Unless you specified a  location for local storage the .tif will be in the cloud as your originals are. To confirm that you can go to the browser version and confirm that you see that edited tif there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pavitran31563984  wrote

However the file has not shown up in Lightroom, nor in my Photoshop recently opened files, nor anywhere on my computer.

The .tif edit file is completely missing.

Did you look in the folder on your drive? Maybe the file actually saved but didn’t get imported in Lightroom because you tried to quit to quickly. The tiff file would have saved to the same folder where the original raw is located. If it isn’t in that folder, then it didn’t finish saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines