Highlighted

To any technical GURU out there Lightroom 6 and above

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly let me be clear that I live in South Africa and purchased the Lightroom version 5.7.1  in 2014 which suited my purposes until I purchased a nikon D500.  I cannot find anywhere on  ADOBE web sight where I can upgrade or purchase or download version 6.  I am spitting snakes as I have been wondering around looking and found a sight that listed latest and just paid out to  Adobe an amount of $119.80 for the supposed latest creative cloud Lightroom plan with 1TB  only to find out the version is 3.1 even earlier than the 5.7.1 I purchased years ago.  WTF?????WHY WHY WHY cant anything be staright forward.

Come on Adobe, why does a customer who pays hard earned money have to rely on community forums for support on a web sight more confusing than the impeachment process of Trump or the Brexit plan of the UK. You now have a further $120, 00 of my money which I want back or give me the latest version of Lightroom----somebody please tell me how to resolve this before I die of old age.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

To any technical GURU out there Lightroom 6 and above

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly let me be clear that I live in South Africa and purchased the Lightroom version 5.7.1  in 2014 which suited my purposes until I purchased a nikon D500.  I cannot find anywhere on  ADOBE web sight where I can upgrade or purchase or download version 6.  I am spitting snakes as I have been wondering around looking and found a sight that listed latest and just paid out to  Adobe an amount of $119.80 for the supposed latest creative cloud Lightroom plan with 1TB  only to find out the version is 3.1 even earlier than the 5.7.1 I purchased years ago.  WTF?????WHY WHY WHY cant anything be staright forward.

Come on Adobe, why does a customer who pays hard earned money have to rely on community forums for support on a web sight more confusing than the impeachment process of Trump or the Brexit plan of the UK. You now have a further $120, 00 of my money which I want back or give me the latest version of Lightroom----somebody please tell me how to resolve this before I die of old age.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 20, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion, there are now two versions of Lightroom available to use. Lighttroom Classic which version 9.1 and it's a renamed version of the old Lightroom such as (lightroom 5 or 6) and the newer version is simply called Lightroom and it's latest version is 3.1, it's a cloud based app which can be used along side with Lightroom Classic and mobile devices.

You can find more information about it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-cc/how-to/feature-differences.html

You can get in touch with our support team and cancel the Lightroom subscription, after that you can purchase the subscription ofr Lightroom Classic.

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

Thank you fort getting back to me and apologise if I let off steam, but
honestly you guys must appreciate with the amount of discussions on the
forum, it must be recognised Adobe needs to step up and rectify the
confusing aspects of merely trying to upgrade lightroom.

I think the program is tops and if 5.7.1 could open my NEF files from my
Nikon D500 I would stick with what I know, and as I have said I purchased
Lightroom 3.1 and have managed to open the program and import some pictures.
But honestly feel that the whole aspect and ease of 5.7.1 has been altered
for no apparent reason or improvement, its now harder to navigate. I Feel
like I have to learn Lightroom all over again.

How do I get in touch with your support team to request they either cancel
the subscription or simply move it to Lightroom Classic, which I assume
would be very similar to Lightroom 5.7.1 only it will now accept the raw NEF
files from my camera.

Thanks again for getting back to me and would appreciate any further support
you can provide.

Best regards

Gary Hayman

Gary Hayman

Tel: +27 11 894 5711

Fax:+27 11 894 5088

Mobile: + 27 82 441 3354

www.powermarkeurope.co.uk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2019 0
ricky336 LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A more simple solution would to convert your new nef files to DNG (when importing) either through Lightroom itself or the DNG converter which is free from Adobe. Then you can use Lightroom 5.7.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, As suggested by Sahil- Contact Adobe Support to change your subscription.

You need a Photography Plan that includes Lightroom-CLASSIC (the 20Gb one is the $9.99 plan)

ScreenShot016.jpg

Lightroom-CLASSIC ( the new name ) is the program you need that will upgrade you from v5.7 to v9.1

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2019 0