• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too much pink in LR printed photos

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR 5 on a Windows 10 pc. I have a Canon Pixma MG7520 printer, their bottom-of-the line model I think. I print using LR--I don't have Photoshop. My problem is that the skin tones in the photos I print are always too pink. The other colors are basically okay. The pictures that give me this problem look okay on my computer screen as I develop them to print. A print made at Walmart matches fairly well to what I see on the screen. But not prints made on my Pixma--the skin is too pink. I've tried to lower the red way down in Develop--it does not solve the problem. A clue to what is going on s that when I work on a photo, and it looks good on the screen, when I press the button to print and get a preview of the photo about to be printed, I get over-pinkness in the skin tones of the preview image. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I've diddled with the setting the white balance thing, but I haven't taken it too seriously because A)I can never seem to find a gray area on a picture and B)nothing on the left corner screen seems to change when I do what they say in the book. Should I try this more seriously? I'm overdue for a Spider recalibration, but this pink stuff has been a chronic problem even under good calibration. Thanks,

Al Marotta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al.

Sorry that Lightroom is printing with some unexpected pink cast. There could be a number of reasons why you might get a pink cast in your prints.

Pink or Magenta Casts in Prints is indicative of Double Profiling. You are applying the profile twice - once via the Printer Driver/Windows and a second time via Lightroom. Turn off the Printer/OS color management in the printer driver and use only Lightroom to manage colors.

Are you using the soft-proofing function in both PS & LR? Soft proofing will emulate the image appearance on screen with the appearance of the image that gets printed with paper and printer profiles applied. If you don't soft proof, the similarity of what you see on the screen and what you get on paper is a matter of chance.

Images printed from soft-proofed adjustments in LR and in PS should produce identical results on paper. I would also make sure that my ink supply levels were adequate. If after soft proofing you are still getting differences in printing results in LR/PS, then we would need to look for a further issue. Only soft proofed images made with a calibrated screen should be considered an "apples to apples" comparison.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Akash, I am still having issues. I just got a new Canon Pro 200, printing with Lightroom. I have changed from Perceptual to Relative, 16 bit on and off... I have the printer set to the canon paper that I am using and still I have pink glow to all the skin..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Akash for your response to my post. I will try out what you say. I just wanted to mention I don't have Photo shop.

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al, 

Just touching base to check if you're still facing this issue?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Thanks very much for your concern over this matter. I haven't really tried out your suggestions----I sort of gave up because of depression over the matter. I did try one of your suggestions, butI could not find a way to shut off color management in my Canon Pixma mg7520. I think as a result of your current post  I will try again. Do you think if I bought a slightly more expensive printer I'd have an easier time with this problem? I ask this even though I knew someone who got good prints with my same Pixma model, but she used Photo shop. If I recall correctly, my Canon model does  not  have any sort of info or formula or whatever it is that LR says you need to go on the Internet for when setting up one's printer. I checked out, but did not really try, your suggestion of soft proofing. My main problem remains not getting in a print from my printer what I see on a screen, and thus I feel soft proofing would not be of great help(correcte me if I'm wrong). I do get what I see on a screen in Walmart prints. You would greatly help my efforts if you could tell me where to look for the color management box in my computer. I'm not sure this Canon allows you to do that.

Thanks again,

Al Marotta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add that thanks to Akash's kind query as to my problem, I tried again and SOLVED IT.

It was as simple as changing my profile to "Managed by the printer". I was elated for hours to see that now what I see on the screen in LR I get on paper. Thanks again, Akash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines