• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer album from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic?

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a large album in Lightroom and entered a lot of metadata, hoping to create filenames based on that metadata during the export process (like I can in Lightroom Classic). It appears that the export naming options are very limited in Lightroom as of yet (I hope that changes with time). 

Given that I have an immediate need and don't want to duplicate my large editing and metadata entry work, is there a way to export an album from Lightroom and import it into Lightroom Classic?

Google has helped me find a plethora of tutorials for going the opposite direction, and I've spent a long time digging through menus and submenus in Lightroom, but so far I'm empty-handed.

(I'm currently using Mac to do these edits, and have both Classic and new Lightroom installed on the same computer.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you sync the Lightroom Classic catalog to the cloud, all images that are currently in that cloud will be downloaded into Lightroom Classic. Your Lightroom albums will show as collections in a collection set that used to be called 'From Lightroom Mobile', but I wouldn't be surprised if that changed into something like 'From Lightroom' or what else Adobe decided to name it this week.

The only problem is that you talk about 'metadata' without specifying that. Keywords don't sync...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines