• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer from account that now lacks license for producty

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help in transferring a Lightroom cloud library from a company account to my private account. The company account no longer have access to the product Lightroom and therefore I cannot just log in and share access to the library. I do have access to the email for the company account but the company that had the license is unable to help me. I have not had any luck finding out how to contact Adobe for the issue. Does anyone have any experience with such a dilemma?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something called the Lightroom Downloader which will let you download everything to your own computer. But you will need access to the account.

Exactly what is the problem with the company account? Why do they no longer have access? Is it because they stopped subscribing? Is the company unable to help because they have an argument with you?

Basically, if you can use the account / password, you would be able to install the Downloader, download your stuff, and get a new Adobe account for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. My company account does not have an active license and therefore (I guess) the download does not show anything to dowload (I tried it). The reason my employer does not put to much effort and I have a difficult time arguing is that these are private photos which I put there while all employees had a license wether needed in our work or not. I was thinking that Adobe could help if I just have a private account but I am at a loss how to contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe won't help you get those photos from an account if you don't have access to the account. You can imagine why.

So you have used the Lightroom Downloader utility? It's a separate program.

Whether the account is "active" should not matter. The whole idea of the Downloader is that it's a lifeboat for people leaving Adobe, so their subscriptions would have ended and their accounts would no longer be "active" in your terms. Providing you have the right username (email address) and the password, Downloader should work and should download everything that it finds in the cloud. That may include others' photos that were uploaded to the account.

Company accounts may complicate this situation, though that's only a guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it does matter. I do have access to the account and the downloader shows no content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Downloader is a bit of a black box with little documentation. It may work incrementally, and I don't think (I don't use it often!) that it tells you much about what it's done.

I seem to remember that uninstalling it cleared its cache, and reinstalling it (maybe on another computer) allowed me to donwload everything in one go.

Can you log into Lightroom Web? I don't know how well it works after a subscription, but it would tell you if anything is available at the account. You might be able to add photos to a new album, then share that album with the download option enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, logging in with my company account on the web only tells me that I do not have a subscription 🙂

I am thankful for your thoughts! (almost like I'm ungrateful when no tip has worked yet)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly I am near the end of the bright ideas.

You couldn't renew the subscription for a short period?

Have you got another computer which has never had Downloader installed? And you are sure it hasn't downloaded anything - it doesn't tell you much, just does it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines