Highlighted

Transfer Lightroom mobile presets from one mobile to another

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use Lightroom mobile presets on multiple devices without seeking the help of PC Lightroom software? I've read a FAQ but it's PC involved! I'm using two iPhones, so I want to use same presets on both devices without downloading them separately. Is there a way?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

I'm afraid that the article that Akash refers you to is based on working with Lightroom on a computer, exactly what you did not want to do.

You can't transfer presets themselves between phones, but you can export the settings of a preset as follows. Select a raw photo and apply the preset to it. Do not make any other edits. Now export this photo as DNG. Use AirDrop or something else to send the DNG to the other iPhone. On the other iPhone, import the DNG into Lightroom Mobile. If everything worked correctly, then you should see the edits coming in too. Save the edits as a new preset and you're done.

P.S. This is assuming that you do not have an Adobe Creative Cloud account and work with the free version of Lightroom Mobile. If you have an account, then logging into the same account on both phones is all you need to do. Everything will be synced automatically.

TOPICS
FAQ, Feature request, How to, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Transfer Lightroom mobile presets from one mobile to another

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use Lightroom mobile presets on multiple devices without seeking the help of PC Lightroom software? I've read a FAQ but it's PC involved! I'm using two iPhones, so I want to use same presets on both devices without downloading them separately. Is there a way?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

I'm afraid that the article that Akash refers you to is based on working with Lightroom on a computer, exactly what you did not want to do.

You can't transfer presets themselves between phones, but you can export the settings of a preset as follows. Select a raw photo and apply the preset to it. Do not make any other edits. Now export this photo as DNG. Use AirDrop or something else to send the DNG to the other iPhone. On the other iPhone, import the DNG into Lightroom Mobile. If everything worked correctly, then you should see the edits coming in too. Save the edits as a new preset and you're done.

P.S. This is assuming that you do not have an Adobe Creative Cloud account and work with the free version of Lightroom Mobile. If you have an account, then logging into the same account on both phones is all you need to do. Everything will be synced automatically.

TOPICS
FAQ, Feature request, How to, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

To get presets to your mobile device from another, you need to import them into the Lightroom Desktop App. Once imported, they sync automatically to the cloud and then to the Lightroom mobile app

For more details, please checkout this article:  How to Add Presets/Sync Presets with mobile

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0