• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer photos FROM cloud to Lightroom CC

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I am at my wit's end with this program. I need help.

I just got a new laptop and I downloaded adobe creative cloud and signed into my account. I downloaded lightroom CC (all of my photos are on light room CC, NONE are on lightroom classic). 

After I downloaded lightroom CC, and it 'synced' to the cloud, none of my photos appeared in lightroom CC. 

Since lightroom CC is all cloud based I thought that downloading and syncing lightroom would result in all of my photos importing from the cloud but clearly I was WRONG. 

DOES ANYONE know how I can fix this? Is there a way I can get my photos from the cloud onto my new laptop and into lightroom CC? Adobe did an exceptionally poor job at making this easy and I cannot find any source online that explains the fix. 

Thank y'all. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What subscription do you have ? Is it mobile only ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done what you are doing a few times but never come across this. 

I can only suggest looking carefully at your local storage preference settings, especially regarding Smart Previews and Originals. Eg are your settings needing more space than available? (I would expect a message if this is the case).

Are you set to store originals locally? Is location specified available with valid permissions? This shouldn't matter as you should see your photos without downloading originals, but might trip up the prog if something is wrong.  (Incidentally I never download originals to laptops).

Is the Smart Previews box checked? Again this shouldn't matter, but you could try toggling it. 

If still stuck, try signing out and in maybe? Or uninstalling reinstalling deleting Prefs etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines