Exit

transferring folders and folder descriptions from Picasa

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am brand new to Light room.

I have thousands of Photos that I am currently using Picasa to organize,  each folder has a description. how do I add folders with the description into LR?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not have folders, but you can create albums. You can also create album sets to organize your albums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my pictures are in folders on my computer. How do I transfer them in bulk to

LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom uploads all of your images to a cloud. It does not have folders. If you upload everything at one time they will be organized by date only (based on metadata capture date). If you need better organization, you need to create albums and import one folder at a time in to the album.

If you want to keep your pictures on your computer in folders, you should use Lightroom Classic not Lightroom.

Lightroom vs. Lightroom Classic | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response.

This is the second time I had to change programs to organize my photos. and re-input all my photo info

I'm so worried that one day Light room will go away and I will have to start all over again...again

very frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines