• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transferring lightroom from my laptop to my pc

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my laptop crashed but I do have a backup, how do I transfer my photos to my desktop? The new lightroom looks different?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom were you using on the crashed system? And which version of Lightroom have you installed on the desktop. There are two current versions of Lightroom: one called Lightroom Classic (which is the latest iteration of the traditional version that has been in existence for over 12 years, and uses locally stored images), the other is now simply called Lightroom (introduced 3 years ago, now up to version 3.4, and the images are stored in the cloud). Or you may have been using an older version of the traditional Lightroom, such as LR5 or LR6. We just need to know which you were using if we are to offer any help with the issue, as the recovery scenarios are completely different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi

Thank you I installed the classic and everything works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines