• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Travel

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While traveling abroad  I am planning to transfer my RAW files from my SD card to my iPad so that I can upload them for safekeeping in the cloud until I get home.  Can I use Lr web or Mobile or CC to do this or would it be better to send them to my Dropbox?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you found an answer to this @noonum, but for anyone else who comes across this post: you can use Lightroom CC Desktop, mobile or web to import and upload your photos to the cloud - there's no need for Dropbox. That's one of the great things about the Lightroom CC ecosystem - you can add to it from any LR CC client, it will sync everything to the cloud, and your photos will then be accessible from any other client. To import using your iPad, you'd need an SD-card adapter for it; you'd import them to your camera roll and then into Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I traveled this summer with an iPad and Lightroom Mobile. It worked great. Here’s a tip for you. Make sure to turn off the iCloud sync before you copy images from your SD card into the camera roll on your iPad. The iCloud sync will compete with the Lightroom sync, which can seriously slow things down when relying on hotel wifi.

Getting images from your camera to Lightroom is a two step process. First you have to copy/import them into the iPad, then you import them into Lightroom. You can turn on auto-import in Lightroom which will start importing the images as soon as they hit the camera roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said already, this just works if you get the workflow right with the initial import to the photo roll followed by the import to Lightroom and (extremely careful!) deletion from the photo roll if you don't want to have duplicates on your iPad filling up its storage. Be aware that the experience very strongly depends on the quality of the local internet access. Many places it is so slow that the experience is not so very good. Also there are some countries where the CC cloud will not work such as China and other places that have a countrywide firewall - so something to be aware of before you go. I was using this workflow years ago and not much has changed: Jao's photo blog: A mobile workflow with Lightroom? It's really nice when it works but can be really aggravating when it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Travel plus services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fix RAW SD Card Issue without Losing Data 1 Recover Data from Raw SD Card with AnyRecover. Apart from the two methods mentioned above, if you have to format your RAW SD card, then you can at least get your data back first with the help of data recovery tools. AnyRecover is the best choice.

Trafoos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines