• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial version of lightroom video filters

New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have trial version for lightroom on my PC and I want to add a filter to a video I have made but when I click the video it says editing video is unsupported. I see many tutorials on youtube and other places but they all look different. I dont see the options to change my videos like they have. Is this because it is a trial version? Or am I doing something else wrong.

Iyekane_0-1589837902509.png

Here is a SS of what it looks like for me. I dont have any options to the right, The top bar doesnt show library or anything. I watch other videos of people adding filters they simply load a screen similiar to this and the options on the right side they can change what they like.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Hi there,

Editing a video in Lightroom is not possible. 

Which version of Lighrtoom are you using? Lightroom Classic or Lightroom desktop?

Working with video in the Library module of Lightroom Classic offers some simple tools for previewing, setting poster frames, and creating stills from frames that can be exported to the Develop module.

See https://youtu.be/c7yvmFrOixU

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Editing a video in Lightroom is not possible. 

Which version of Lighrtoom are you using? Lightroom Classic or Lightroom desktop?

Working with video in the Library module of Lightroom Classic offers some simple tools for previewing, setting poster frames, and creating stills from frames that can be exported to the Develop module.

See https://youtu.be/c7yvmFrOixU

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its PC version so I think classic on PC. When I load your video and look at top left mine doesnt say lightroom CC and to the left there is no library/develop/ect bar. The options to change anything dont pop up on the right side.

Iyekane_0-1589837843672.png

This is what it looks like. As you can see no choices like in the video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You basically grab a frame from the video as a jpeg. Edit the jpeg in develop. Then copy & paste the settings to the video clip.

In Lightroom Classic if you open the video in loupe View (E) it is possible to play/pause the clip and then click the pull-down menu and choose capture frame – see image.

CapFrame.jpg

If you choose the same folder as the video you should be able to use the menu:

Photo >> Stacking >> Unstack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure its classic lightroom because it doesnt say anything else. Just says lightroom. And I have seen people put filters on videos. They cant be doing each frame. They must be apply to the entire video somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version did you install as trial? Lightroom, or Lightroom Classic? Lightroom Classic does allow some basic video editing (white balance, exposure, contrast, whites, blacks, vibrance, saturation), but that can only be done in the Quick Develop panel in the Library module. You cannot edit a video in the Develop module.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought classic. I have seen youtube videos and know people who have added fliters to videos so I know its possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it would be best for you to go back and review those videos. Lightroom Classic is not designed as a video editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iyekane_0-1589838467843.png

This is what it looks like when I click on a video. It doesnt look anything like the video that Akash Sharma

just posted up top. It is completely different. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are NOT using Lightroom Classic! You are using Lightroom (which some users call Lightroom CC), the version of Lightroom which stores your images in the cloud. It is a totally different version of Lightroom designed for a different user with different needs, And a different and somewhat abbreviated feature set when compared to Lightroom Classic. As the screen indicates, video editing is not supported. You can't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines