Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Downloading Full Resolution Edits From Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe and Fellow Photographers,

I really need some assistance and have reached out several times to online agents through Adobe, with no resolve to my issue.

Here is my goal: I need to be able to download to my desktop full resolution, edited images from Lightroom CC to be able to upload them to Google Drive and share with clients.

ISSUE: After spending countless hours editing in LR CC. I select my photos and click the icon to save. I select original settings because I need full resolution images and need to be able to print on Canva. Then I go to my desktop and the original unedited image is saved and another file XMP is saved. The XMP is my edited image, I am assuming but I am unable to open it or share it with anyone.

I also downloaded LR DOWNLOADER and it did not provide me with my edited copies only unedited. I cannot send clients jpegs either. One agent suggested using LR Classic - I am wondering if that is the only way to actually get my edited photos in a sharable version?

Any advice you can provide would be extremely helpful!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

If you imported the images into Lightroom (the cloud version) then you can save full-sized JPEG images. They will have the same number of pixels as the original raw files, and will print just fine. I don't know if you are printing yourself or sending them to a professional printer. But I don't believe there are many, if any, professional printers that will accept raw files. Most of them want JPEG images anyway. A full-sized JPEG image will be more than adequate for printing on any type of media.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF the images were originally imported into Lightroom Classic and then shared as a collection to Lightroom (the cloud version) then you have been editing smart previews only. Lightroom Classic does not share the full-sized original images. It only shares smart previews. The edits that you performed in Lightroom CC (which is now simply called Lightroom if you are using the cloud version) should have been applied to the master images in Lightroom Classic. However, those adjustments are only stored in the catalog, they are not part of the image. The way to provide those raw files with the adjustments is to choose the option (in Lightroom Classic) to write metadata to file, which will create XMP files for each of the raw files, and then copy the raw files and the XMP files to where they can be shared by your clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I have done nothing in Lightroom Classic and I do not want to use it if I do not have to. I just want to use Lightroom CC (cloud version) and download full resolution images to share. Adobe makes it seem like this is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you imported the images into Lightroom (the cloud version) then you can save full-sized JPEG images. They will have the same number of pixels as the original raw files, and will print just fine. I don't know if you are printing yourself or sending them to a professional printer. But I don't believe there are many, if any, professional printers that will accept raw files. Most of them want JPEG images anyway. A full-sized JPEG image will be more than adequate for printing on any type of media.

If, as you say, you are only using Lightroom (or, as you referred to it as Lightroom CC), all that should be required is for you to go to the File menu and choose Save To and choose the appropriate option to get a full-sized JPEG image.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will never touch a raw file. So you will always get a sidecar XMP containing your edit settings. It’s best to choose to share (icon - top right)

Save to >> jpeg >> full size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

If I save them as jpeg>>full size can I still print on large canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines