Highlighted

Trouble importing presets into Lightroom

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently purchased some presets for Lightroom. Now when I go to import them, they're saved as lrtemplate files - and all the methods i've found for opening them such as the below: 

Go to Edit >> Preferences >> Presets

Click the button “Show all other Lightroom presets”

Double-click the Lightroom folder, then double-click to open the Develop Presets folder

Drag your folder of .lrtemplate files into the Develop Presets folder.

Quit Lightroom

Re-start Lightroom

this hasn't worked, nor has importing from the presets panel on the right hand side under the editing section. It keeps coming up with Not a valid file and that it could not be imported as a preset or profile.

any help would be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble importing presets into Lightroom

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently purchased some presets for Lightroom. Now when I go to import them, they're saved as lrtemplate files - and all the methods i've found for opening them such as the below: 

Go to Edit >> Preferences >> Presets

Click the button “Show all other Lightroom presets”

Double-click the Lightroom folder, then double-click to open the Develop Presets folder

Drag your folder of .lrtemplate files into the Develop Presets folder.

Quit Lightroom

Re-start Lightroom

this hasn't worked, nor has importing from the presets panel on the right hand side under the editing section. It keeps coming up with Not a valid file and that it could not be imported as a preset or profile.

any help would be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom (desktop) or Lightroom Classic? That procedure is for Lightroom Classic only. Contact the developer and ask him for .xmp versions. The .lrtemplate versions have become obsolete a long time ago, so it is ridiculous he is still selling them (unless he specificly sells them for Lightroom 6 users who do not want to go subscription).

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 1
Bchap LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok, cheers for that! I'm using Lightroom desktop through the creative cloud. 

I've reached out to the seller and hopefully i'll hear back soon

much appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 0