Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Syncing Lightroom Photos to Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been having issues with my Macbook, so I've been trying to backup my files before I wipe the laptop clean. I only recently found out about the syncing feature in Lightroom (which is a lifesaver). It's been successfully syncing photos whenever my macbook decides to cooperate with me up until last night. Now there doesn't seem to be any progress.

I talked on the phone with customer support and, given my situation, they advised me to go to lightroom.adobe.com on my browser, delete all the photos in the "Sync Issues" section, and then go to trash to permanently delete them.

My question is will deleting the photos in "Sync Issues" just delete them from the syncing queue or will that permantly delete them from my Lightroom in general? If it's the latter, are there any other ways to go around it? I have the important files backed up, but would like to preserve the editing settings as much as I can. Any and all information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the desktop app go to Help >> System info

Let us know the version number installed and your operating system

What type of files are stuck e.g. jpeg, raw or video files?

The browser view is an exact view of what is stored in the cloud. Deleting photos will put them into the recycle bin for 60 days unless you permanently delete from that location. If there is a problem with the sync queue then there is probably a problem with the edit settings also which are stored in the cloud. Try experimenting with a couple of the problem files.  Then see if you can add back the originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines