• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trouble trying to run Lightrooms and Photoshop as the programs as are programs are running really sl

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having trouble trying to run Lightrooms and Photoshop as the programs as are programs are running really slowly (painfully so!). I wondered if it was because I was in RAW so started shooting in JPEG and Ive also taken load of images off my laptop but nothing has helped. I’ve checked and my laptop is the correct spec so there shouldn’t be a problem, (also had an SSD drive fitted some months ago and so it normally runs fantastically fast).

I’ve checked on the Adobe help site and it advisers using an external hard drive? I do have a hard drive which I use for backing up my laptop and im not clear if I could use this to run Adobe programs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe programs need to run on your startup internal drive. You can put your photos on an external drive to save space on the startup drive. That's assuming you are using Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. If you are using Lightroom, your photos are in the cloud.

Which Lightroom are you using? How much free space do you have on your startup drive? Can you share your computer specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines