• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Sync Deleted Pictures

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically, I add photos to Lightroom via a Scandisk. Quite often the disk will have hundreds of pictures. By way of example, let's say 700 pictures. Before I add them, I pause syncing. I then add all of them to a folder I made just for new pics. I look through them and delete all of the rejects - lets say, for example, there were 650 rejects. This reduces the number of pics from the original 700 to 50. At this point I unpause syncing. The problem is that syncing status tells me it is trying to sync the original 700 pictures. Precisely what I wanted to avoid. I mean I deleted 650 of them. What is going on? Why isn't Lightroom smart enough to stop wasting time and my battery life (Macbook) syncing photos I don't want and aren't there anyway? Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Which version of Lightroom are you using? If you're using the Lightroom desktop app, when you delete images they are initially moved to the Deleted album (basically an internal trash can) where they will remain for up to 60 days (to allow the user to undo any erroneous deletions). I would assume that they will still be synced to the cloud as the Deleted album is designed to be accessible from all the cloud client apps. If you really don't want them synced, you would need to open the Deleted albu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom are you using? If you're using the Lightroom desktop app, when you delete images they are initially moved to the Deleted album (basically an internal trash can) where they will remain for up to 60 days (to allow the user to undo any erroneous deletions). I would assume that they will still be synced to the cloud as the Deleted album is designed to be accessible from all the cloud client apps. If you really don't want them synced, you would need to open the Deleted album and permanently delete them before resuming sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim...perfect! Appreciate the help. So simple, but the solution eluded me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to make a feature request on the back of this post. When I delete photos, I appreicate they are sent to the deleted folder. I also appreciate that any photos in that deleted folder then sync to the cloud so they appear in the deleted folder on all devices.

But when I choose to permanently delete photos in that folder, please can Lightroom stop syncing and just delete them off all platforms? Currently this is not the case and it takes hours of battery life and GB of data for the sync of my deleted photos to happen! We shouldn't have to pause the sync and then reset the sync to make this happen.

Better still, let us choose if we want our deleted folder synced to the Adobe Cloud. My choice would be no!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's little point making feature requests here, as this is a user-to-user forum and you are therefore talking to fellow users, who have no ability to influence Adobe's priorities. Use the official feedback site to make a feature request: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40874

But when I choose to permanently delete photos in that folder, please can Lightroom stop syncing and just delete them off all platforms? Currently this is not the case and it takes hours of battery life and GB of data for the sync of my deleted photos to happen! We shouldn't have to pause the sync and then reset the sync to make this happen.

I'm not following you here. If you permanently delete items from the Deleted album before they have synced to the cloud, they should not then sync to the cloud. That's certainly been the case for me whenever I've used that workflow: pause sync, import, cull, permanently delete the culled items from the deleted album, resume sync. The permanently deleted items cannot then sync to the cloud as they no longer exist in the local Lightroom app. If you are certain that they ARE syncing after you've permanently deleted them from the local device, you should also report that as a potential bug on the same forum as the feature request, especially if you can reliably reproduce that behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem and it's making Lr unusable for me. There seems to be no way of deleted photos I import so that Lr doesn't sync them. I remove permanently but it will syncs them. Wasting so much time GBs of data usage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines