• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off cloud storage

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to turn off Cloud Storage? As a professional, I use gigs upon gigs of images and only use Lightroom to create DNG backups to store on alternative drives.  This new CC does not work with my workflow and is useless to me.  Is there any way to return to the previous version? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Yes, just install Classic and ignore Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC is not a new version of the Lightroom we all know and love. It is a completely new app that Adobe named the same causing enormous confusion. Lightroom Classic is actually an update to the older Lightroom 2015/CC that you probably know. Install and run that and it should pick up your old catalog file and work just like you're used to.

Lightroom CC is not useful for people that generate large amounts of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just install Classic and ignore Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC is not a new version of the Lightroom we all know and love. It is a completely new app that Adobe named the same causing enormous confusion. Lightroom Classic is actually an update to the older Lightroom 2015/CC that you probably know. Install and run that and it should pick up your old catalog file and work just like you're used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  That works.  Appreciate the quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jao+vdL  wrote

Problems is the LR CC plan doesn't include LR Classic, so there is no direct replacement (perpetual or CC) for LR 6 users that generate large amount of images.  Classic only comes bundled with other products !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. People that generate huge amounts of images should not get a LR CC plan, they should get the normal photography plan that includes Classic and CC and just use Classic. They shouldn't get the new LR CC only plan which just doesn't work for pro or enthusiast shooters, the traditional audience for Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. I've just signed up for the using lightroom and have been getting utterly frustrated with the garbage CC version. Its slow, you have no real control and its just a gimmick for Adobe to charge you per month for storage space many don't actually need or want.

Ive now downloaded the classic version and hey presto its great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is great.  I just pre-paid for a year of LR CC and I absolutely do NOT want automatic cloud syncing.  I manage my own backups and do not want automatically syncing over expensive mobile wifi while I am traveling for the next year on a sailboat.  I stupidly assumed that sync could be turned off but it seems that I have BUY AGAIN the classic version to get this "off button"?  Are you serious?

First experience with Adobe apps = not so great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rockscience, what plan did you pay for? If it is the $9.99 photography plan, it already includes classic. If it is the Lightroom CC plan, which explicitly is about the 1TB cloud storage and does not include Classic and Photoshop, you need to contact Adobe and convert your plan to the photography plan (just tell them their website is very confusing and you accidentally chose the wrong plan), which does include Classic and Photoshop but only has 20 GB of cloud storage which you don't want nor need anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, color me surprised. I was able to cancel the subscription and get the photography package.  It was all done over chat and very easily. I'm impressed!  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked out!

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 10:36 AM rockscience <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my Macbook Pro to Catalina and all of a sudden my Photoshop quit working.  In 2012 I paid $1500 to purchase Photoshop CS5.1 and CS6 extended.  I ended up finding out that Photoshop will no longer support older versions of Creative Suite and now I have to have Creative Cloud.  This new CC really blows.  Its super slow Is there a better editing program that doesn't make you subscribe to a cloud service?  I do sporting events on the weekends and at times and I have hundreds of photos.  I'm not going to pay to save photos in the cloud when I have Flickr Pro for $49.99 a year. for unlimited cloud storage.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic does NOT save images in the cloud. Photoshop (the latest version) does NOT save images in the cloud. However, Lightroom Classic and Photoshop are now part of the Creative Cloud plan and only available by subscription. The only program Adobe offers that is not subscription for photo editing now is Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leave it to Adobe to make a simple feature impossible. Very disappointing and frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines