• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to access feature in import module

Participant ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the name of files I import from my memory card into Lightroom Classic. This option is grayed out and not accessible. Please help me fix this !

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or Lightroom-Classic? Which program?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom-Classic? I use a monthly subscription, so it should be the latest version. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry- I definitely use Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the options above the Import window-

If you are using [Add] then the rename panel is not available.

Panel will appear for [Copy]

Can you show us a screen-clip of the Rename panel "greyed out"?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for working with me, sorry, I do not see how to attach a file or screenshot to my reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have been able to attach a screenshot to my original post. Thanks for your continued help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I do not see a screen-clip yet so still not able to suggest an answer.

Replying to posts in this new forum is confusing us all!

Clicking on  REPLY simply gives a one-line box where it seems that only text can be entered and this reply creates a sub-thread that might get hidden unless prople click on [View all replies] 

ScreenShot327.jpg

It is only possible to add an image by hitting [Enter] then go back to the post by [Edit] .

I prefer to always reply to posts by clicking a Blue button that always gives the full options-

ScreenShot324.jpg

ScreenShot326.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I think I have it attached now, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

triumphrider's filetriumphrider's file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see a "rename" problem in your screen-clip!

You show the Import dialog. You show three photos selected to Import.

The Rename panel is checked and you have a Rename Preset chosen.

So these three photos will import with the {Filename-Sequence} preset applied. Where is the problem?

If you are referring to the greyed-out thumbnails, then Lightroom believes they are duplicates and does not want to import them a second time. Possibly because you are importing from a folder with 'Copy' in the name and you are Copying all imports to another folder location- that's confusing!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still not able to set the sequence start at the number ”1”, but have gotten it to work with a basic rename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may find it easier to Import without the Rename option, then do the rename later, either from the 'Catalog -Previous Import' list, or selecting one folder where the images imported to.

If you select multiple files (Press F2 ) and select a Preset with "Sequence" then you will get a panel to enter the Sequence Start Number (it defaults to 1 )

My screenclips are from the Rename Template Editor, and a Rename dialog using Function key-2 (F2)-

ScreenShot353.jpgScreenShot352.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines