Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to add files to Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been searching for the answer to my problem for 2 days but I couldn't find anything so I guess I am just going to ask again. I am working with Windows 10 pro.

My problem is that, after I installed Lightroom CC on my pro computer with my job's Adobe license, I noticed that I have no options to ad pictures to Lightroom CC. The + button is greyed out and I cannot click on it, as well as the ad files button (I also tried ctrl+alt+l). I tried dragging a picture into the app but nothing happens.

To try to solve it, I de-installed and re-installed the app from the Creative Cloud, didn't work. I also reset my preferences, didn't work either. Finally, I tried ticking off "use the graphic processor", which wasn't a success.

In the search bar, it says "offline research unavailable".

So now I am relying on the community to help me solve this problem.

Thank you for your kind help.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Have you talked to the IT administrator at your job? Not all enterprise accounts include the Lightroom ecosystem. It’s possible that this service isn’t available with the account you are logging in to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, and no solution, Im clueless!

Appreciate any help we can get

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you talked to the IT administrator at your job? Not all enterprise accounts include the Lightroom ecosystem. It’s possible that this service isn’t available with the account you are logging in to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! The words that stood out to me in your post are "my job's Adobe license". Theresa is absolutely correct - not all enterprise accounts include everything that is normally available to full Creative Cloud subscribers. Your IT administrators may have chosen to exclude some of the features, so it would be a good idea to see if you can talk to them The enterprise ID's at my job do not come with everything either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a similar Problem with my lightroom CC App for Android. Alter installing, I wanted to upload pics from my gallery. The importbutton was activ, I could choose the pic, get on Import, but the pics were not been transfered to the screen. It remained black. Same with building a foulder. This also didnt work.  I already confirmed my Adobe account.

Could somebody help?

Thx,

Svea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing is to make sure you have a good wifi connection. If it still doesn’t work I would uninstal the app, restart your phone, then reinstall the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Theresa! It seems it was really the slow Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a frustrating problem - it seems like half the time I booted up lightroom cloud, it wouldn't connect to the cloud, the internet, the Add Photos button was all greyed out, and I couldn't see any assets. The other half the time it booted up fine. I was sick of restarting the program a million times hoping to get lucky. Un and re-installing the software didn't help. As per the contact IT dept. solution outlined below: because it worked half the time, I know that my marketing department (which is just me) has all the proper licensing set up. 

For a solution:

I went to my Creative Cloud dashboard, signed out of all adobe software, signed in again and things seem to be running smoothly.... for now.... We shall see how long before things fail to integrate again and I start the search for a better non-adobe photo solution. Try signing out of everything adobe from the creative cloud browser dashboard, and signing back in -- hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines