• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to add a photo to people when autodection of face not possible

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photos where I know the person in the picture, but they are facing away from the camera, the auto face detection does not work (obviously), it seems there is NO way to add these photos to a person.

Software is Lightroom CC 2.2

In Persons "xyz", there is no manual add photo option

In Keywords, there is no way to add a person (unless auto detected)

In Keywords, there seems to be no keyword that would add then to the persons, tried

- "xyz"

- "person xyz"

- "people xyz"

Tech support spent 30 minutes remote logged into my machine and found no way to do this.

At the moment I only have one option; to use my own keywords (e.g. "person xyz"), show pictures using filters and completely ignore the "persons" section of the tool which is USELESS if I cannot put all of one persons pictures together, I'm certainly not searching two places every time I want pictures of a person.

Seems someone DROPPED a big BALL when they forgot to allow Manual addition of photos to people (which you can do in Lightroom Classic CC)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no manual way to tag people in Lightroom CC indeed. I am surprised that Adobe support didn't know this because it is a major limitation. Add your voice to https://feedback.photoshop.com. There are many threads there requesting this feature such as: Lightroom CC: Make it possible to manually add a face when face detection doesn't identify it. | Pho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines