Highlighted

Unable to delete rejected photos & unable to view edited and original photos side by side

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm currently using v3.2 of Lightroom on Mac.

However, I'm finding that there seems to be quite a few issues that I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing. 

1) I'm unable to delete rejected photos all at once. I've tried cmd+delete/alt+delete but it frustratingly only deletes the photo that is currently selected (screenshots below). I'm currently in the album itself, but even when I go to "all photos" it presents the same issues.

When I try looking for the delete options under "help", it only shows me these options:

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 11.23.59 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 11.22.44 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 11.23.05 pm.png

2) I'm not able to view my edited photo beside the original one. The image does change when I hit "\", but it doesn't present the photos side by side anymore.

Anyone else experiencing these issues? Your help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to delete rejected photos & unable to view edited and original photos side by side

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm currently using v3.2 of Lightroom on Mac.

However, I'm finding that there seems to be quite a few issues that I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing. 

1) I'm unable to delete rejected photos all at once. I've tried cmd+delete/alt+delete but it frustratingly only deletes the photo that is currently selected (screenshots below). I'm currently in the album itself, but even when I go to "all photos" it presents the same issues.

When I try looking for the delete options under "help", it only shows me these options:

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 11.23.59 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 11.22.44 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 11.23.05 pm.png

2) I'm not able to view my edited photo beside the original one. The image does change when I hit "\", but it doesn't present the photos side by side anymore.

Anyone else experiencing these issues? Your help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't delete the photo(s) from within an album, delete them from within 'All Photos'. And first select them all. Your screenshot shows only one selected photo, so that is the only one that will be deleted.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm not able to view my edited photo beside the original one. The image does change when I hit "\", but it doesn't present the photos side by side anymore."

As far as I know, side-by-side has never been an option in Lightroom Desktop. That option only exists in Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0