• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to export "Adress Lookup" location meta data via XMP

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I’m trying to export the matched "Adress Lookup" meta data via XMP.

But it seem like only the manually added location data will be exported as XMP.

I like to keep track of all meta data in the DAM software "Media Pro" sort everything there and write it back via XMP.  Lightroom Classic displaays the automatically matched location data via "Adress Lookup" in light grey italic versus the manually added meta data in white letters.

Is this a bug, unwanted feature, or do I miss something to enable?

Hope somebdy can help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The location data in light grey italics are the address suggestions created by the Address Look-up feature. They can be included in XMP when you export the image, provided that you have enabled the feature in Catalog Settings>Metadata Tab, 

check the option to "Export address suggestions whenever address fields are empty".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately it doesn't help. Of course I have also checked "Export address suggestions whenever address fields are empty" tick box, that’s why I really wonder if it's a bug.

Just tested a little bit more around, also double checked in Adobe Bridge, but it's only exporting manually added meta data not the "address suggestions".

So, I guess it's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hav exported as JPG and all wanted info is incuded, but not in the XMP file…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hav exported as JPG and all wanted info is incuded, but not in the XMP file…

By @phrank303

I don't understand your reference to "the XMP file". LrC does not produce separate XMP sidecar files for jpegs, all the data is included in the XMP section of the exported jpeg's file header.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tested it, and it worked as I expected. Basically I took an image which hadn't been geo-tagged, dragged it into position in LrC's Map module (thus producing the address suggestions in italics) and in that state I exported it as a jpeg, with All Metadata included in the export dialog. On importing the exported image back into LrC the previously italicised "suggestions" are now fully confirmed.

If that still isn't working for you, perhaps a full review of your various settings is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim Wilde Hi, thanks for trying, but you didn’t get my point.

JPEG, TIFF or whatever file from a RAW file “italic" meta data works also for me. 

But to the export "italic" locataion meta data as XMP extra file doesn’t work properely.

Seems like this self generated data from the GPS meta data stays in LR database only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim Wilde Hi, thanks for trying, but you didn’t get my point.

JPEG, TIFF or whatever file from a RAW file “italic" meta data works also for me. 

But to the export "italic" locataion meta data as XMP extra file doesn’t work properely.

Seems like this self generated data from the GPS meta data stays in LR database only.

By @phrank303

I agree, I don't really get your point. As I mentioned earlier, LrC does not create a separate XMP sidecar file when exporting unless the export file type is set to "Original" AND the filetype of the original is a proprietary raw file. In all other scenarios, the output file will contain all the XMP data in the XMP space of the output file header, and that WILL include the Location data even if it was uncommitted in the LrC catalog (and even when exporting from a proprietary raw file as Original, the resulting XMP sidecar file DOES include the non-committed Location data).

So, I'm obviously missing something here, as far as I can see LrC is operating as expected, so is your issue simply the fact that LrC does not create XMP sidecar files during export except in that one scenario that I mentioned above? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

now I'm confused;-) well i don’t want export anything, i just want to save beside the original file (command + S) an extra XMP file incl. all geo meta data – but as long the locations ar not committed they are missing.

never mind, thanks for your help.

i gave up, using now a little pugin which does the magic, better than adobes geo data funtions – even for my abandoned LR 6… 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jim Wilde it's me again. I’ve just google around and have found you in another forum as well – same issue;-)

So, my conclusion is only committed/confirmed "locations" can be stored and synced via XMP file. 

While it’s only possible to to export "non committed" locations if "Export address suggestions whenever address fields are empty" is checked in the "Catalog Settings"as (included) JPG, TIF, DNG.

It's impossible to confirm all suggestions in a committed entry in a batch.  Well, I'm a little bit lazy to click evry single label to confirm all.

This doesn’t make much sense for my workflow, where I want to assess and sort all data in an external program.

My workaround is to use the Geocoding plugin from Jeffry (which can is a little bit bit more precise anyway).

Thanks for your input – here and there;-)  

I hope Adobe improve it's geo data functionality a little bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one more thing.

just discovered also the plugin "Any Tag" which can turn a suggested location in a committed location.

seems like it‘s just impossible in LR to save/exchange these data in a batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines