Highlighted

Unable to Forget Drive After Moving to New Mac

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my Lightroom library after moving from my old Mac to a new one. I used the a time capsule image and now I I get an error every time I open Lightroom saying that the offline drive cannot be found. I went on Adobe's support website and it suggests that I click the forget drive button when the error notification happens. The issue is that there is no forget drive button. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As it stands now, I can't even add any photos to my library and Lightroom is pretty much useless.

I am dealing with this specific issue: "Lightroom loses track of the photo locations on your hard disk when you move data from one computer to another. For example, when you upgrade your computer".

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to Forget Drive After Moving to New Mac

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my Lightroom library after moving from my old Mac to a new one. I used the a time capsule image and now I I get an error every time I open Lightroom saying that the offline drive cannot be found. I went on Adobe's support website and it suggests that I click the forget drive button when the error notification happens. The issue is that there is no forget drive button. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As it stands now, I can't even add any photos to my library and Lightroom is pretty much useless.

I am dealing with this specific issue: "Lightroom loses track of the photo locations on your hard disk when you move data from one computer to another. For example, when you upgrade your computer".

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

which version of Lightroom are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello selondon,

I am using Version 2.3 [ 20190502-0902-47ed471 ] (May  3 2019).

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2019 0
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't see it under Preferences / Local Storage? (It may says Forget Volume)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. All I see is this.Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 5.36.07 PM.png

What is more concerning now is that there is no prompt to retry syncing the local photos. There is just an error banner at the top of Lightroom when it launches.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the banner I mentioned earlier. Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 6.17.57 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2019 0
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Browse... and pick a location on your new computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Theresa,

I tried that and it doesn't work. I get an error that won't let me choose a new location. Thanks though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2019 0
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error message you get when trying to choose a new location?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2019 0