Highlighted

Unable to open Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new external hard drive, and had attempted to upload my files into Lightroom.  Lightroom froze, so I had to "Force Quit" it.  I have updated all of my Adobe Creative Cloud functionality, and now, every time I attempt to open Lightroom, I get the attached error message.  There is no other different catalog to choose from, and when I hit continue, it just keeps popping up with the same message.  I really need to get some work done, so does anyone have any advice on remedying this problem?

Thanks a bunch!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to open Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new external hard drive, and had attempted to upload my files into Lightroom.  Lightroom froze, so I had to "Force Quit" it.  I have updated all of my Adobe Creative Cloud functionality, and now, every time I attempt to open Lightroom, I get the attached error message.  There is no other different catalog to choose from, and when I hit continue, it just keeps popping up with the same message.  I really need to get some work done, so does anyone have any advice on remedying this problem?

Thanks a bunch!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Lightroom forum for you, where you are more likely to receive an answer to your question.

The Community Help forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to Lightroom Classic (desktop-based) or Lightroom (cloud-based)?

I suggest proeprly disconnecting all external drives, quiting applications, and restarting your computer without the externals attached. Hopefully, Lightroom will launch properly and then reattach the external.

Also, make sure to reset the prefernces.

I hope this helps.

warmly/j

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0