• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print color (can print B&W only) using different devices on one subscription.

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a single subscription to Lightroom on two laptops and a desktop, and we sign in and out from our devices as needed because of the two device limit. My wife uses her desktop and her laptop (by signing in and out) while I use my laptop only without signing in and out. We both share printing to the same Canon Pixma Pro 10s. She recently moved Lightroom V9.4 to the desktop. Now she has a problem. I can print as normal from my laptops, but when she tries to print from the desktop AND from her laptop she finds that she can only print in grayscale, or black and white. 

So to summarize.

For both of us, the single Lightroom subscription works fine in everything but printing. When my wife tries to print from either of her devices she can only print in black and white (not color). When I print from my device to the common printer I have no problems. We have checked through all the print menus and the paper profiles to no avail. I suspect she has triggered some sort of preset or catalogue setting but we have no idea where to start with this. We use Lightroom release 9.4 and MacOS Catalina 10.15.6.

I need to add that my wife moved to the desktop by loading all her working files onto a SSD which she hoped to use as a portable hard drive between devices. We use the Print menu in Lightroom for printing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need to add that my wife moved to the desktop by loading all her working files onto a SSD which she hoped to use as a portable hard drive between devices. We use the Print menu in Lightroom for printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines