Highlighted

Unable to save my edited photos on my desktop

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently having trouble with the hard drive that would normally be used for saving my finished work.  My computer is not able to communicate with the hard drive at the moment.  I still have access to all my photos though thanks to the cloud.  My problem is that it will not let me save to a different hard drive.  If I click the "Save to" button I get the following message. 

"Unexpected error performing command: bad argument #1 to 'stringbyappendingPathComponent' (string expected, got nil)"

I have no option but to click ok.  I have tried reinstalling lightroom, which did nothing.   Do I need to completely unistall and reinstall all of my adobe programs?  Any other solutions?

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to save my edited photos on my desktop

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently having trouble with the hard drive that would normally be used for saving my finished work.  My computer is not able to communicate with the hard drive at the moment.  I still have access to all my photos though thanks to the cloud.  My problem is that it will not let me save to a different hard drive.  If I click the "Save to" button I get the following message. 

"Unexpected error performing command: bad argument #1 to 'stringbyappendingPathComponent' (string expected, got nil)"

I have no option but to click ok.  I have tried reinstalling lightroom, which did nothing.   Do I need to completely unistall and reinstall all of my adobe programs?  Any other solutions?

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom are you using, and what is your opperating system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I don’t have access to my desktop to give an exact version as I just let for a vacation.  I’m running windows 10 and have always kept it set to update automatically, so it should be the latest version of Lightroom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Lightroom, not the classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2019 0