• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall LR CC: Can Lightroom Library.lrlibrary folder without affecting LR Classic?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic installed in my Mac until I decided to uninstall LR CC and work only with LR Classic, syncing to Creative Cloud.

I have reviewed the files left after I uninstalled LR CC and I can see that there is a "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary" folder that occupies a large amount of space in my HD (over 40Gb). I want to delete this folder (since I understand that it was created by LR CC and not by LR Classic) but I do not want to affect the files of my installed Lightroom Classic app.

Can I safely delete the "Lightroom Library.lrlibrary" folder without affecting Lightroom Classic?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Yes. If you are no longer using Lightroom (desktop, formerly called Lightroom CC), then you can trash the 'Lightroom Library.lrlibrary' file. Lightroom Classic is not using it in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. If you are no longer using Lightroom (desktop, formerly called Lightroom CC), then you can trash the 'Lightroom Library.lrlibrary' file. Lightroom Classic is not using it in any way.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Johan. I imagined so, but I had doubts.

Best,

JLU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines