Highlighted

Unwanted vignetting/fisheye on sony raw files

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a Sony a6000 and shoot in ARW raw format. I then use Adobes DNG converter to change the files to DNG so I can work with them in Lightroom 5. But, when I open the DNG files in Lightroom, all images have a vignet or slight fish eye look. I can remove it if I tick the "Enable Profile Corrections" under Lens correction, but that also crops the image a bit.

If I look at the raw files in a browser, non of the formats (ARW or DNG) have the vignetting. It's ony visible in Lightroom.

Why is this happening and how can I avoid it?

All help is highly appreciated ☺

Lisbeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unwanted vignetting/fisheye on sony raw files

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a Sony a6000 and shoot in ARW raw format. I then use Adobes DNG converter to change the files to DNG so I can work with them in Lightroom 5. But, when I open the DNG files in Lightroom, all images have a vignet or slight fish eye look. I can remove it if I tick the "Enable Profile Corrections" under Lens correction, but that also crops the image a bit.

If I look at the raw files in a browser, non of the formats (ARW or DNG) have the vignetting. It's ony visible in Lightroom.

Why is this happening and how can I avoid it?

All help is highly appreciated ☺

Lisbeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2019 0
nikunj.m LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the issue you are facing with the DNG files of the Sony A6000.

Would you mind checking if there is any preset being applied to the image during import? Also, do you see the fish eye effect only on other images clicked using a different camera (if you have tried)?

You can reset the preferences of Lightroom to check if that helps by following the steps mentioned in the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_prefere...

Note: Please take a back up of your presets and other settings before you reset the preferences.

Regards

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0