Highlighted

Update/housekeeping stuck at 70% - what to do?

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone 

I've been using Lightroom for some years now (Classic at first but then switched to CC) without any problems whatsoever - which is why I'm totally new to this community 🙂 

However, I'm now having difficulties because the software is unable to update correctly. It started out fine but then got stuck at 70% - which is has been for several days now (surely "this may take a while" isn't meaning weeks and weeks..). I've attached a screenshot of the issue which is how Lightroom looks whenever I launch the application on my computer (a fairly new Macbook Pro). There's no progress whatsoever regarding the update status. 

I've already tried to uninstall Lightroom CC and install it once again, but the same thing just keeps on happening. Both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic works fine, but it's just annoying since I'm most comfortable working in the Cloud-based apps. And it sucks to pay for something that doesn't work properly whenever you need it to do just that. 

Any ideas out there on how to fix this issue? I'm counting on this community to include a lot of people much smarter than myself! 🙂 

Thank you. 

/Morten 

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Update/housekeeping stuck at 70% - what to do?

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone 

I've been using Lightroom for some years now (Classic at first but then switched to CC) without any problems whatsoever - which is why I'm totally new to this community 🙂 

However, I'm now having difficulties because the software is unable to update correctly. It started out fine but then got stuck at 70% - which is has been for several days now (surely "this may take a while" isn't meaning weeks and weeks..). I've attached a screenshot of the issue which is how Lightroom looks whenever I launch the application on my computer (a fairly new Macbook Pro). There's no progress whatsoever regarding the update status. 

I've already tried to uninstall Lightroom CC and install it once again, but the same thing just keeps on happening. Both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic works fine, but it's just annoying since I'm most comfortable working in the Cloud-based apps. And it sucks to pay for something that doesn't work properly whenever you need it to do just that. 

Any ideas out there on how to fix this issue? I'm counting on this community to include a lot of people much smarter than myself! 🙂 

Thank you. 

/Morten 

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Download and install, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?