• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated Lightoom and cannot "link" or access ircat libraries

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Adobe Lightroom and cannot get my photos to open. Let me know if there is a way to get Ligthroom to simply open my "old" libraries. I have followed tutorials on line but many of these suggest features that I do not see such as: File>Open Catalog. If I use the "add photos" option, I can see the masters but the program believes that I want to essentially duplicate these and responds with "insufficient memory" (needing 16GB). The only way I can think to solve this problem is to get an external hardrive and copy the photos and then delete the old library. I would appreciate any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably by accident installed the cloud version of Lightroom. Adobe very confusingly calls this just "Lightroom". What you need is to install Lightroom Classic from the Creative Cloud app and probably uninstall "Lightroom"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines