Highlighted

Updating previews in DNG files?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that when a DNG file is edited in Lightroom CC, the embedded preview in the stored original is not updated. Is there any way to make that happen? 

I figured a work around with Lightroom Classic - synch Lightroom CC library to Lightroom Classic and then have "Update DNG previews and metadata" function on updated photos. But having to sync the entire photo library to Lightroom Classic just for that is way too much overhead, especially since that requires storing an extra copy of all photos being synched. So I'd really appreciate any other way to accomplish this goal. 

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updating previews in DNG files?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that when a DNG file is edited in Lightroom CC, the embedded preview in the stored original is not updated. Is there any way to make that happen? 

I figured a work around with Lightroom Classic - synch Lightroom CC library to Lightroom Classic and then have "Update DNG previews and metadata" function on updated photos. But having to sync the entire photo library to Lightroom Classic just for that is way too much overhead, especially since that requires storing an extra copy of all photos being synched. So I'd really appreciate any other way to accomplish this goal. 

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 12, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's no way to do this using Cloudy Lightroom. The original is stored in the cloud - the local storage is just a cache.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2019 0