• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating the desktop vertsion of Lightroom for older PC'S

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all i have not been able to upgrade Lightroom to the latest version as my home pc is running Windows 8.1 and the cloud updates are no longer supporting Classic for this version of Windows. A question? if i uninstall Lightroom Classic from my desktop and re-install with the re-install automatically have the updates applied? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where you have gotten the impression that the updates are no longer supporting Lightroom Classic because that simply is not true. It's the only version that will operate on your Windows 8.1. Lightroom, the cloud version, requires Windows 10. It will NOT operate on your operating system. What version have you been trying to upgrade on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have regretfully uninstalled Lightroom Classic from my Windows 8.1 operating desktop and now the cloud App in not allowing me to re-install unless I upgrade to Windows 10 - it’s infuriating that those of us who do not want to upgrade their pc are not able to rectify and issue such as this - Surely their must be a way that I can re-install manually until such time as I upgrade my pc - if not, I will have to cancel my subscription.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did you uninstall LrC? It's the only version that will run with your operating system. It seems that you have a choice. You can reinstall LrC and continue using it, or you can upgrade your operating system to Windows 10. Again, why did you uninstall Classic? And why can't you reinstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines