• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade a Photography Plan

Participant ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to update Elements 15 at the photography plan and I would like to know if:

Is it necessary to uninstall PSE15?

Can Photoshop and Lightroom (both Classic and CC) integrate third-party plugins like Nik Collection and Topaz?

Also, I wanted to know if my configuration: Win10 64Bit, 16GB Ram and 250GB SSD (with 100GB of free space)  and 500GB of SATA HDD, , with NVidia 1050 Can they be enough to make the photography plan work? How much does the photography plan occupy on the Hard Disk?
And how much does it need to work properly?

Thanks very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

(Re: Photography Plan with 20Gb Cloud storage)

No. But you will find with experience that Photoshop (full version) will eventually 'take over', especially as it integrates with Lightroom-Classic much better, and of course more powerful, as the 'Pixel' editor.

Can Photoshop and Lightroom (both Classic and CC) integrate third-party plugins like Nik Collection and Topaz?

Photoshop & Lightroom-Classic: Yes (added as "Additional External Editors" )

Lightroom : No (

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Re: Photography Plan with 20Gb Cloud storage)

No. But you will find with experience that Photoshop (full version) will eventually 'take over', especially as it integrates with Lightroom-Classic much better, and of course more powerful, as the 'Pixel' editor.

Photoshop & Lightroom-Classic: Yes (added as "Additional External Editors" )

Lightroom : No (Plugins not supported. But files can be exported and edited 'externally')

is my configuration: ...enough to make the photography plan work?

Yes.  But suggest that the Catalog and photo files are on the 500Gb drive.

How much does the photography plan occupy on the Hard Disk?

It varies for everyone!  My Program installs and System data occupy (at a quick glance) about 6.2GB

But my Catalog and Previews for LrC occupy about 106GB, plus the ~60,000 images about 830Gb!!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines