Upgrading LR 5.0 by installing Classic to a new PC with both a SSD (C) and Hard Drive (D)

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 5.0 and want to upgrade to Lightroom Classic, but I'm scared - my new PC has a 256GB SSD C drive and a 1 TB D drive - I think my LR program files and catalog are on C whereas my actual photo files are on D. If I install the latest Lightroom Classic, will it automatically load correctly, or are there risks? Thanks.

TOPICS
Download and install, How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there.

You can easily upgrade your old catalog from Lightroom 5 in the new version of Lightroom Classic. See Upgrade a catalog from an earlier version of Lightroom Classic.

Note: If you are having trouble in upgrading a catalog, open the old catalog in your previous version of Lightroom Classic and export it as a new catalog. You can then import the exported catalog into the new version of Lightroom Classic. For more information, see Export a catalog or watch this video tutorial.

For details, see the source article: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/catalog-faq-lightroom.html#main_How_do_I_import_my_Ligh... 

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines