• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

uploading and pixels

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom for the first time mainly for the purpose of adjusting my photos and tagging them.  I want to use the tagging system because I am uploading the photos to Shutterstock and I understand that the metadata will upload with the photo.  I tried to save the photo from Lightroom to my desktop but when I do that the megabytes are reduced.  I cannot see a way to move the photo from Lightroom to Shutterstock directly.  Anyone know what am I doing wrong?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom Classic or Lightroom for the cloud? You probably don't want to upload directly from Lightroom unless there is a plug-in to do that specifically. The changes you make using Lightroom do not get applied directly to the images, but are simply stored in the catalog. It is necessary to export a copy in order to have an image that includes the changes made using Lightroom. I don't know anything about Shutterstock, but if your original images are raw images you probably can't post them as original images anyway because most websites don't display raw images. Then again, I could be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just signed up for the free trial of Lightroom (Cloud I believe) to see if it would do what I needed.  Is there a special way to export the photos?  I have been downloading them but then it is reducing the megabytes.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines