• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading images to Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I did an update on my iMac before Christmas I can't upload images to Lightroom. My usual workflow is to upload from my camera.  The camera is showing as a source but the image thumbnails are not showing(being recognized) so I can't import any images. I have also tried to put the SD card straight into the Mac and also tried connecting a card reader with the SD card which, also not being recognized as a source. I have had this issue for over a month now and getting to the end of my tether.  I know it is a known issue and Adobe is working on the issue which should be fixed with the next update(I have been told could be months).  I have also spent over  8 hours with online support and on the phone to Adobe with no resolution just ideas for workarounds that don't work.  If anyone here can help I would love to hear from you!!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the images in the Finder? If so, copy them manually to your hard disk and import them from there. This is something Apple needs to fix (and Catalina 15.3 beta testers report that it will be fixed in that release).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan 

Thanks for your quick response!  I had no luck, unfortunately.  I could and have uploaded the images to Pictures on my Mac HD.  When I go to Lightroom to upload them: Source>Mac HD>User>Me>Pictures>Folder.....Nothing, Nada, No Pics to See here. So still no images can be imported into Lightroom.

I have the images on my HD so at least I can edit in Photoshop but currently wondering what's the point of paying a subscription for faulty software?!  I did also speak to Apple and they said it was an Adobe issue.  I and not looking to blame just a solution and it appears to be a conflict of both software updates. 

Thanks for your help!

Nicky 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are on Catalina - you will have to go into your System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Full Disk Access > Add Lr in the right column. Do the same with Files and Folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably use MacOS Catalina and haven't given Lightroom enough permissions. Go to System Settings - Security & Privacy - Privacy and add Lightroom to 'Full Disk Access'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines