• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urgent help needed - Lightroom no longer works. Update stuck at 51%. Tried everything

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe 🙂 

Got an urgent issue I need your help with.

For the past 7 weeks, each time I log into Lightroom the homepage that loads has none of my files and shows an 'updating in progress' window. As soon as the update hits 51% it freezes. I first tried restarting both LR then my computer to no avail. I then proceeded to try EVERYTHING I could find on the internet about this problem. Here are most, but not all, of the solutions I tried:

- I've deleted LR and reinstalled (still sticks at 51%)

- I've deleted LR then Creative Cloud LR and reinstalled (still sticks at 51%)

- I've tried uninstalling and installing via direct install links (still sticks at 51%)

- I've tried creating a new user/admin on my computer and installing LR (still sticks at 51%)

- I've tried using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and cleaned/wiped LR and anything file attached to Adobe on my computer and reinstalled (still sticks at 51%)

- I've tried updating my computer and then trying all of the above again (still sticks at 51%)

I am completely stumped! And, needless to say, equally frustrated... I've spent close to about 10 hours trying to fix this. Even tried reaching out to Adobe to no avail. 

Please please please can someone from Adobe help me fix this issue.

Thank you in advance,

Best,

Gavin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gavin,

If everything has already synced if thc cloud, you could try deleting the Lightroom Library.

Mac or Windows?

This is mainly a user to user forum by the way, with only limited staff presence.

The best place to request features and report bugs is on the following forum, which is monitored by the engineering team:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines