• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use more than one profile on a single image.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've been shooting with a Fujifilm film preset on my camera and it burns the look in to the JPEG's as I take them (but not the RAW files). I've got used to taking those JPEG's quickly into Lightroom, applying a quick preset and using those images - it's a look that I've really come to like but it's essentially one profile on top of another. 

could someone please please please tell me a way of replicating this with a RAW file...that doesn't include exporting the RAW to burn in the first look and then reimporting it. 

I know that this isn't exactly best practice but if anyone could help me then I'd really really appreciate it.

attached is the look on a jpeg that I wanted to recreate...

thanks

rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In general- The 'raw' file from the camera does not have a Profile 'burnt in' to the image. It will be recorded in the file metadata, and Lightroom will render the preview with that Profile. But it is not sacrosanct. You can change it in the Lr edit by selecting another Profile (eg a Creative Profile). You cannot apply one Profile "on top of another" to a raw file.

Be aware that (as well as a Profile) the camera will also be applying adjustments like White, Balance, Contrast, Saturation etc,  to a JPG. But with a raw file- you have to make those adjustments in the Edit/Develop module. And when you find the edit adjustments you like- make a Preset and apply to all your 'raw' image files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines