• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a secondary computer only with smart previews in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my main computer running Lightroom CC where I store all of my original photos. They are also all in the Lightroom Cloud. I have secondary computer where I just want to access smart previews but I don't want any original photos to be downloaded.

In Lightroom preferences> Local Storage

There is a section "Storage location for originals". In this secondary computer I don't want to select a location as I don't want it to store originals. Currently what I have done is set it to an external drive and then disconnected the external drive.

Would be great to have a setting to just use smart previews and not to store originals.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that unfortunately. The only thing you can do is to set the photo cache to 0% and uncheck both the smart previews and originals options. It will still download smart previews and full raw files but only if needed. Downloading full raw typically only happens when you zoom to one-to-one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to see this in a future version of Lightroom. I think it would be a great feature to have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines