Highlighted

Using Lightroom Classic CC on two devices with syncing - Help

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand if I upload with Lightroom CC, it will upload the full size RAWs into the cloud.

If I upload (sync) using Lightroom Classic CC, it will only upload smart previews.

What I want to do is use Lightroom Classic on my desktop, but also sync images to the cloud so that I can use Lightroom Classic on a laptop to edit the same files.  Even if the images are only smart previews, I am ok with that.    I tried doing this a few years ago and I found that I couldn't figure out how to make it work.

Can anyone help?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

Most people do that by placing the catalog on an external drive, and then use that drive with both computers.

You can also place the catalog in Dropbox, but then you'll have to make 100% sure that Dropbox has synced the catalog before you use it on the other machine.

TOPICS
How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using Lightroom Classic CC on two devices with syncing - Help

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand if I upload with Lightroom CC, it will upload the full size RAWs into the cloud.

If I upload (sync) using Lightroom Classic CC, it will only upload smart previews.

What I want to do is use Lightroom Classic on my desktop, but also sync images to the cloud so that I can use Lightroom Classic on a laptop to edit the same files.  Even if the images are only smart previews, I am ok with that.    I tried doing this a few years ago and I found that I couldn't figure out how to make it work.

Can anyone help?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

Most people do that by placing the catalog on an external drive, and then use that drive with both computers.

You can also place the catalog in Dropbox, but then you'll have to make 100% sure that Dropbox has synced the catalog before you use it on the other machine.

TOPICS
How to, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That won't work. You can't sync two Lightroom Classic catalogs to the cloud. You can only sync one catalog. You can use Lightroom (CC) on the other computer.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't there a way to use the same catalog on 2 different computers?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 0