• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using local photos and not importing to the cloud (new lightroom)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

i really like the new version of lightroom(3.1 cloudbased)

but whats with the "automatically importing to the cloud" and "only importing to the limit i choose"?!

is it possible that i

use my external drive (where all my photos in)

and "link" (like in the classic version) to make modifications etc, which then saves all the changes in external drive, so i dont have photos everywhere??

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloudy's very essence is that it is cloud-dependent, so the concept is "automatically importing to the cloud" and having photos available everywhere. You can switch off syncing, but that's more like pausing. If you enable settings to store locally, that's just a cache for originals which will be put in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. If you want to use an external drive to store your photos, then use Lightroom Classic. You can use Classic to selectively sync images giving you access to view and edit them online or from mobile devices. It sounds like this is what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to understand that Lightroom Classic is not the "old" Lightroom, the "has been" Lightroom that is being replaced by the "new" Lightroom. Lightroom for the cloud is a different program for a different user with different needs. If you want your images on a local hard drive, controlled locally, and you have the choice over which images are sent to the cloud then you really need to be using Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines