• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vanishing Photos (LR CC)

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently in LR CC working on edits when I started noticing that images in the folder started disappearing before my eyes. It took a while to clock what was hapening until one of the albums went to 0 photos. 

Now, I do have more photos in my albums than I have cloud storage space (I use LR CC on my desktop) but I figured it wouldnt be a problem because I thought it would still allow me the option of using it like the Classic version. However, now that Ive encountered this issue and since some of these images were not synced to the cloud Im wondering if LR CC is deleting them because I do not have enough storage space? I checked the cloud and they arent there.

Could anyone give me an idea as to why the images might be disappearing? Im afraid of reopening the d´software because I dont want anymore images to be deleted in front of my eyes. Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my theory:

If you use LR Classic on the desktop, and removed photos from synced collections, they would be removed from your mobile device and from Lightroom the next time you started Lightroom and synced. This could happen right before your eyes if the sync was occuring while you were working on the same group of photos.

If you want to keep them available in Lightroom, you will have to re-add them from the desktop to synced collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the speedy response Michael. However, I have not used the Classic version on my desktop since Ive bought it. The only other place I do have LR CC is on my mobile. Since I had reached max capacity in cloud storage, the images on mobile had stopped syncing with my PC but that was not an issue for me since I mostly edit on my PC. Ive not recently deleted any images from albums on either the mobile or PC so I find it strange that they would disappear ssuddenly and without prompt. The only thing I can fathom is that since I was way over the cloud storage capacity that LR is now removing the ones that are not synced? I am not sure if that is even true but really it is my only guess. Everything seemed perfectly fine before though so I am surprised that it randomly started removing my images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines