• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virtual Copies on Lightroom and Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm considering Lightroom and Lightroom Mobile but *not* if it can't create virtual copies. I was a Lightroom user (now called Classic) but hated the import process and slow response from the software UI so stopped using it.

I am either going to go with Capture One Pro and just live with havjng to edit on a computer or will consider the new Lightroom if it can handle virtual copies.

This feature request it appears has been made in 2017/18 and we are now in 2020. This is an unacceptable level of customer service for a company charging for a subscription-based service.

Someone from Adobe please respond. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

I'm not from Adobe, but it isn't possible to create Virtual Copies in the Cloud Based Lightroom yet. You can only create an actual copy (duplicate).

It seems you may have seen the feature request already... https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom_mobile_virtual_copy and that is the best forum to add your voice, as it's monitored by the engineering team, whilst this is mainly a user to user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not from Adobe, but it isn't possible to create Virtual Copies in the Cloud Based Lightroom yet. You can only create an actual copy (duplicate).

It seems you may have seen the feature request already... https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom_mobile_virtual_copy and that is the best forum to add your voice, as it's monitored by the engineering team, whilst this is mainly a user to user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I will repost my message at the link you provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom can make virtual copies

Lightroom mobile can not make virtual copies but you can download copies as standard or Jpeg to your local system... you can also link your Lightroom library up to the cloud and upload virtual copies from your catalog but it sounds like Lightroom clasic is a better fit for your needs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with you - unacceptable that this seemingly necessary and basic feature is still not a part of LR mobile. I exclusively use mobile, and currently my workflow is to edit on iPad and then go to computer to make virtual copies (for b+w) on desktop version - it's a huge pain, especially while on the go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines