Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermark Signatures (Copyright)

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Lightroom Desktop rather than Lightroom Classic and I can't find where you can add a Copyright logo / text.  Is this not an option in normal Lightroom?
I believe it is in option on all apple products but not on a PC.

Is this correct?  If so, do you know if this is going to be do-able soon on any future updates.

Many thanks

Amanda

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That feature is not yet available in Lightroom. Lightroom is not an Apple product, it is an Adobe product. Adobe does not announce feature enhancements in advance. You will know when they are available when they appear in the program. However, here is a tutorial on how you can use Photoshop along with Lightroom to create a watermark. It might be of interest to you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/how-to/add-text-travel-photos.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thank you.  Yes I know its an Adobe product, but it seems there are different features depending on what device you are using.  Apple products using Lightroom have a Watermark / Signature option, PC's / Windows, do not.

I was just hoping someone knew why this is the case and if it's ever likely to change.

You can do it in Lightroom Classic on a PC but I much prefer Lightroom Desktop as it's much easier to use.

Many thanks

Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are numerous features in Lightroom Classic that are not (yet) available in Lightroom for the cloud. Lightroom Classic is at version 9+, and Lightroom for the cloud is only at version 3+. Lightroom for the cloud was/is a new program designed from the ground up as a new program, not a continuation of Lightroom Classic. So don't expect everything to be the same in both programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I'd better start using LR Classic instead then, thanks Jim 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would depend on what you are lookinng for. Lightroom Classic utilizes a local catalog and stores images in folders on your computer or external hard drives connected directly to your computer. If you choose to share collections to the cloud they are smart previews and not full-sized images. The upside to that is that they do not impact your allotted cloud storage. On the other hand, Lightroom for the cloud allows you to store full-sized images in the cloud. Images stored by either program are available to edit on all mobile devices. It's simply a matter of what your individual requirements are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines