Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermarking Images

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So, yesterday I spent about an hour looking online for now to watermark photos in Lightroom. The search came up with loads of answers but with one major issue with all of them. The answers said everytime "click on edit > edit watermark"... the problem is that I don't have these options in my Lightroom? 

Can anyone help me understand why I haven't got this option or if Adobe have updated the App so that it's no longer set up like this or the feature has been removed entirely? I am also using a MAC so I don't know if that will effect the answer. I googled that too but same issue. 

I'd appreciate any help with this. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will help us to answer your question if you could provide the exact version number you have installed and details of your operating system e.g.
• Windows 10 v1809, v1903; MacOS Mojave (10.14) Catalina (10.15)
• Lightroom v3.1; Lightroom Classic v9.1, Lightroom Mobile iOS v5.1, Lightroom Mobile Android v5.1
You can find this from your application menu:
Help >> System Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two versions of "Lightroom" currently being sold, one is called Lightroom Classic, and it's that version which has that "Edit Watermark" feature. The other version is now simply called "Lightroom", and that is the cloud-based version (i.e. the images are stored in the cloud). Being a newer product (just over 2 years old), it does not yet have all the features that the Classic version has, and watermarking is one of those missing features. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do I get the Lightroom Classic? There doesn't appear to be an app in AppStore for Mac? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on which version of the Photography Plan you've subscribed to: there's a version which contains Lightroom Classic, Lightroom, Photoshop and includes 20GB of cloud storage. The other version contains Lightroom only, with 1TB of cloud storage. 

So which version have you got?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the 20gb Photography plan. do I need to instead opt in to the 1TB version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not if you want Lightroom Classic. Have you downloaded and installed the Creative Cloud Desktop app, which is the app that allows you to install the various apps that are part of the subscription. If you open the app you'll see the various apps listed, click on the Install button for the apps you want (e.g. Lightroom Classic and Photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines