• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird 'Previous' functionality

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things I've noticed recently that don't make sense to me and wondered what others thought.

1. If I add a grad filter to a landscape orientated photo (and the grad is horizontal). If I copy the settings of that photo and paste it over another photo but one that is in portrait orientation, the grad is now vertical. If however I do the same BUT use the Previous function, the grad remains horizontal. If the Previous button can work out that it needs to rotate the grad would it make sense that the paste function works in the same way?

2. If I have a photo, lets say of a building and I edit it but I make no changes under Transform I then go to another photo that I've previously made changes under Transform. Lets say I used Auto and now the building is both horizontally and vertically aligned. I use the Previous function and it obviously resets the transform controls. If I now set Transform to Auto it does not apply the same transformation as it did previously i.e. the building is not aligned correctly. Indeed none of the controls like vertical, horizontal align the image correctly and instead I have to use Guided to achieve the same result. If I used the paste function instead, then I can re-use the Auto setting and everythign aligns again correctly.

I know that Previous copies ALL settings but it also looks like it takes something else like pixel/camera orientation or something. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?