Highlighted

What are pros cons of File storage for hundreds of photos monthly on Creative Cloud or in LR CC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone give direction from experience as to pros and cons of using Creative Cloud for RAW files vs adding directly to LR CC?   We primarily are wanting to retain the original RAW file which LR seems to be able to do that with the feature of toggling between "show original" vs "applied changes"  (can always download or make copy of original also I think), right?   We also would like to be able to access the original for use in other tools (like Spark or Photoshop or video creations in future), for now will be using Spark & LR primarily for edits and publishing albums links from LR.

The LR CC ability to store photos and edit them w/reversion option to original seems to do well for us, unless I'm missing something is this a good option to just store our raw files on the LR CC photo system instead of uploading to the Creative Cloud storage folders and then having 2nd step of uploading "adding" to LR CC (keeping 2 Raw copies - 1 LR CC & 1 CC & Changes files against our storage allowance).   

I really do appreciate any input, especially from others real experiences.  Thank you in advance. 
Stephanie

TOPICS
FAQ, Import and share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What are pros cons of File storage for hundreds of photos monthly on Creative Cloud or in LR CC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone give direction from experience as to pros and cons of using Creative Cloud for RAW files vs adding directly to LR CC?   We primarily are wanting to retain the original RAW file which LR seems to be able to do that with the feature of toggling between "show original" vs "applied changes"  (can always download or make copy of original also I think), right?   We also would like to be able to access the original for use in other tools (like Spark or Photoshop or video creations in future), for now will be using Spark & LR primarily for edits and publishing albums links from LR.

The LR CC ability to store photos and edit them w/reversion option to original seems to do well for us, unless I'm missing something is this a good option to just store our raw files on the LR CC photo system instead of uploading to the Creative Cloud storage folders and then having 2nd step of uploading "adding" to LR CC (keeping 2 Raw copies - 1 LR CC & 1 CC & Changes files against our storage allowance).   

I really do appreciate any input, especially from others real experiences.  Thank you in advance. 
Stephanie

TOPICS
FAQ, Import and share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2019 0

Have something to add?